You are not going to believe the incredible things James Lawrence has completed in his Ironman career. He holds two Guinness World Records including the following:
- 22 half Ironman triathlons 70.3 races in 2010
- 30 full Ironman 140.6 races in one year (2012).
But since then he’s continued with his amazing story and in 2015 he completed 50 Ironman courses in 50 days…..and in 50 States. Whoa.
You can’t achieve the things James has done without having an insane amount of personal motivation…..and in this episode of Cycling 360 he shares his secrets for success.
You don’t want to miss this edition:
Training for a big undertaking
- How to start
- How to decide to do something that massive
- How to know if you are ready/be confident to take on something bigger than you have ever tried before
- Personal motivations- what motivates you?
- Family/friends: what role do they have in your personal motvation?
- Anticipating and planning to overcome obstacles.
- What are the biggest obstacles that come up trying to accomplish something so epic
- How to overcome them
- Does motivation come in waves or does it stay steady?
- If waves, how do you stay strong in low points? If steady, how do you keep it strong?
- Do you need to train to stay motivated.
- Is motivation something you can learn/practice?