Cycling in Wind
It might be a nemesis to many of us cyclists, but riding in wind is just one of the elements that we have to face on the roads. A phone in question from Gregory sparked this conversation on riding in the wind, and in this podcast we go over the planning, equipment, and tactics that can be used to help make the battle against the wind easier to deal with.
Darryl was actually vacationing in his homeland of Saskatchewan, Canada when we recorded this podcast and he claims that it is the windiest place on earth. To prove it, he shot this little video to go along with our topic.
Tune in to this podcast on cycling in the wind as we discuss:
- Headwinds, Tailwinds, and Crosswinds
- Planning a ride according to the wind
- The best position to be in a headwind
- Tactics for small riders
- Wheel sets and the wind
- Is an aerodynamic helmet better than aerodynamic wheels?
- The importance of eye protection in the wind
- Tight fitting clothing
- Gearing cadence tricks for solo rides in the wind
- The best body positioning for windy conditions
- The group echelon and how to use it best in the wind
- Plus much more on cycling in the wind, including the Cycling 360 Quicktip