Alternative Training Spinning vs Road
In this edition of the Cycling 360 podcast we discuss the idea of using a spin bike for cycling and triathlon training. For those that don’t know about spin bikes, they are a special stationary exercise bike with a weighted flywheel and are generally used in a class environment in gyms or fitness facilities.
But what do the Cycling 360 guys think of them and would they recommend using one for your cycling training?
The topic came to us from some of our listeners, including Erin who phoned in with a specific question on using spin bikes for her triathlon training. In this podcast Darryl, Victor, and Rob go over:
- Reasons why you might want to use a spin bike
- The mechanics of a spin bike and how they work
- Getting yourself fitted properly to a spin bike
- If a spin bike can be compared to riding on a trainer or rollers
- The differences between a spin and road bike
- If riding a spin bike is good or bad for your cycling
- How spinning can be used to improve your cycling
- What to look for in a spinning instructor
- Plus much more information and the Cycling 360 Quicktip on getting the most out of your spin class