Living and Cycling in Remote Areas
Some of us may dream of living in isolated areas, or maybe you already are. What are the important factors to consider and deal with when you live somewhere with no bike shop or cycling equipment nearby?
This podcast deals with the idea of living in a remote area and ways to ensure you can still get the most out of your cycling. Darryl and Victor go over everything from the definition of living remotely to the equipment and knowledge that goes a long way in keeping you on your bike. Plus Darryl talks about his real life preparations to remote living and how his local bike shop, SouthWest CycleSport is helping him out.
Have a listen as the guys discuss:
- How isolated can you really be these days?
- What basic knowledge should you have if living in a remote area?
- Where can you go to obtain this knowledge?
- The tools and parts you should have on hand.
- The magical number of 1,500 miles and what parts generally need replacing at that time.
- Victor’s list of important items to bulk up on.
Plus the Cycling 360 Quicktip and much more.