Bicycle Gears and Gear Ratios
Unless you’re riding a single speed, you’ve got gears on your bike….but many cyclists don’t know a whole lot about them or how to use gearing to their advantage.
In this podcast on gears and gear ratios, Victor and Rob go over everything you need to know on the subject and will leave you educated and ready to make the most of your gearing on the bike.
- The different types of gears:
- What are typical gear measurements and what do I have
- Front chain rings, rear cassettes, and gear ratios
- What is the magic formula to shifting smoothly
- Loading and unloading the driveline
- How terrain can affect your gearing
- Shifting strategies for:
- High speed corners
- Pack riding
- Common shifting problems